California DUI/DWI Defense Lawyer | Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
An arrest for DUI means you will face two different legal actions – the DMV hearing about your driving privileges and the criminal court proceedings. Joe Motta in Contra Costa County is an experienced DUI defense lawyer who will represent you and protect your rights.
Effective. Efficient. Results-Oriented.
DUI. DWI. Drunk Driving.
DUI (also called DWI) can have a tremendous effect on your life. It can cost you time, mandatory classes, substantial fines, increased insurance rates, points on your driver’s license, a criminal record – and even your freedom.
- Was the stop valid? The police must have a reason to pull you over. If they did not, we will challenge the arrest.
- We will examine the evidence and the equipment used to gather evidence. If the evidence is questionable, we will challenge it with a motion to suppress. We also have a private investigator on staff who can assist us if we need further investigation on your case.
- Will you be able to keep your driver’s license? We will represent you before the DMV and fight to keep your license.
- Participation in drug or alcohol rehab can help with sentencing in cases with prior convictions or if someone is injured. We can help you find an appropriate rehabilitation program.
- If you were arrested for a drunk driving accident with injuries, you could be charged with a felony DUI – serious charges that require an experienced DUI defense lawyer. We also work with experts in toxicology, accident reconstruction, and traffic investigations.
- Was there a prior conviction? Your attorney may be able to challenge the previous conviction. If someone has prior convictions within ten years, the sentences increase dramatically. If there are three priors within a ten year period, the fourth then becomes a felony. Therefore it is extremely important that an attorney verify whether the priors are legitimate.
- As a prosecutor and defense attorney, Joe Motta has handled thousands of driving under the influence cases. Let his substantial experience and in-depth knowledge of law enforcement and the criminal court system in the Bay area, and his experience as a former Contra Costa County prosecutor, work for you.
Joe Motta is well known and respected throughout the legal community and among his clients. From his office in Contra Costa County, he serves clients throughout California with an emphasis on the greater San Francisco Bay area. His experience and expertise are available to you.
Free initial consultation. Call or e-mail to talk to a lawyer.